Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul
Department of Dermatology (302861)
Specialized in: dermatology
The Department of Dermatology at the Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the skin and its appendages, as well as the solution of aesthetic skin problems. The highly qualified team of the department's dermatologists has at its command all modern treatments, including phototherapy, galvanotherapy and a wide selection of dermatologic procedures, such as cryotherapy, electrocautery, puncture and excisional biopsy. The very latest treatment methods in combination with the exceptional qualifications of doctors make it possible to successfully deal even with particularly complex pathologies. The Chief Physician of the department is Assoc. Prof. Dr. med. Ali Balevi.
The department's clinical practice is mainly focused on the diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the skin, hair, nails and skin manifestations of sexually transmitted diseases. In addition, the team of the department's dermatologists is proud of the excellent results in the treatment of eczema, atopic dermatitis, acne, psoriasis, sexually transmitted diseases, genital warts, herpes, herpes zoster, fungal and skin infections, benign and malignant skin tumors, hair and nail diseases, warts, itching of unknown etiology and other skin pathologies.
The key focuses of the department's work include:
- Computer skin mapping, dermatoscopy
- Computer analysis of hair composition
- Analysis of wrinkles, age spots, subcutaneous fat and skin tone
- PUVA phototherapy, narrowband ultraviolet phototherapy
- Allergic tests (skin prick test, open patch test)
- Diagnostics using Wood's lamp (black lamp)
- Dermatosurgical procedures
- Puncture and excisional skin biopsy
- Cosmetic procedures
- Laser therapy (laser devices IPL, Nd: YAG, fractional laser ER: YAG)
- Large selection of chemical peels
- PRP dermatotherapy
- Botox and filler injections
- Other medical services
- 2019 Head of the Department of Dermatology at the Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul.
- 2015 Work in the Private Hospital Medipol, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2013 Work at the Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul.
- 2011 - 2013 Work at the Academic Hospital Şanlıurfa, Turkey.
- 2011 Study of Dermatology and Venereology, Faculty of Medicine, Selçuk University.
- 2006 Faculty of Medicine, Erciyes University.
Department of Dermatology.
Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.