Matthias GoebelerSpecialized in: adult and pediatric dermatology, venereology, allergology
- 炎症指标 C反应蛋白(CRP)和血沉(ESR)
- 免疫测定法（Ig G，免疫球蛋白M）对带状疱疹的免疫分析
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Dermatology, Venereology and Allergology is one of the largest advanced Dermatology Centers in Germany with rich traditions. The department offers the diagnostics and treatment of the entire spectrum of dermatological and allergic diseases. The department specializes in the treatment of psoriasis, eczema, allergies, skin infections, diseases of the mucous membranes, nails and hair. The specialists have a special competence in the treatment of skin cancer. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Matthias Goebeler.
For many years, an important focus of the department has been the treatment of skin tumors. The diagnostics and treatment are carried out within the framework of the certified Skin Cancer Center in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary cancer Center Mainfranken. The department specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of melanomas, white skin cancer (basal cell and squamous cell skin cancer), lymphomas and other rare types of skin cancer. It treats more than 3,000 patients suffering from skin cancer every year.
Also, the department’s priorities include the diagnostics and treatment of inflammatory skin diseases. In particular, the department specializes in the treatment of severe forms of psoriasis and chronic inflammatory inverse acne (Acne inversa).
In addition, the department offers the specialized, interdisciplinary diagnostics and treatment of autoimmune skin diseases, which often affect several organ systems. The patients with bullous autoimmune dermatoses receive competent medical care within the framework of the specialized Center for Bullous Autoimmune Dermatoses.
In the field of allergology, the department offers a comprehensive, if necessary, interdisciplinary treatment of all allergic diseases. The department has in its arsenal the advanced treatment options for eczema, allergic rhinitis, allergic asthma, etc. The treatment of allergic diseases is provided within the interdisciplinary Allergology Center.
In addition, the department also has an exceptional experience in the diagnostics and treatment of pediatric dermatological diseases. The spectrum of pediatric dermatology includes diseases, such as birthmarks, pigment spots and skin pigmentation disorders, skin tumors, etc.
The diagnostic and therapeutic spectrum of the department includes the following options:
- Skin cancer
- White skin cancer
- Skin lymphoma
- Rare skin tumors
- Inflammatory diseases
- Acne inversa
- Autoimmune skin diseases
- Bullous autoimmune dermatosis
- Allergies and allergic diseases
- Drug allergy
- Allergy to bee and wasp stings
- Neurodermatitis and other eczema diseases
- Food allergies
- Skin diseases in childhood (pediatric dermatology)
- Melanocytic nevi
- Hereditary skin diseases (genodermatoses)
- Treatment of chronic wounds
- Focal hair loss (alopecia areata)
- Special treatments
- UV light therapy and photodynamic therapy (PDT)
- Laser therapy
- Diagnostics and treatment of other dermatological, allergic, venereal diseases
- Study of Medicine at the University of Muenster, University of Westphalia.
- 1993 - 1998 Internship in the Department of Dermatology at the University Hospital Würzburg.
- 1998 - 2004 Senior Physician in the Department of Dermatology at the University Hospital Würzburg.
- Invitation to the post of Professor of Clinical and Molecular Dermatology at the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Heidelberg (Mannheim).
- Head of the Department of Dermatology at the University Hospital Giessen (for 2,5 years).
- Since 10/2011, Professor of Dermatology and Venereology at the University of Würzburg and Chief Physician of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Dermatology, Venereology and Allergology at the University Hospital Würzburg.