Department of Nephrology, Rheumatology, Endocrinology and Diabetology (229633)
Specialized in: nephrology, rheumatology, endocrinology and diabetology
The Department of Internal Medicine II at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) includes such focuses as nephrology (kidney disease and high blood pressure), rheumatology, endocrinology as well as metabolic disorders. The director of the Department is Prof. Dr. med. Matthias Girndt.
A special attention is given to the prevention of renal dysfunctions due to blood pressure and diabetes, rapid detection and treatment of kidney inflammatory diseases and delay in their progressing. In the case of an end-stage renal disease, the Department under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Matthias Girndt offers all kinds of kidney transplantation, prepares patients for dialysis (blood purification) and for kidney transplantation. In close cooperation with the Department of Urology at the University Hospital of Halle, there are performed about 70 transplantations a year.
The Section of Rheumatology at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) treats patients with all diseases of the rheumatic morphological group, autoimmune diseases and collagenoses. This Section is part of the Center for Rheumatic Diseases in Halle.
The medical services of the Department of Internal Medicine II under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Matthias Girndt at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) are:
- Medical care before and after transplantation
- Diagnosis and treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Diagnosis and treatment of autoimmune diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of endocrine diseases of the digestive system and metabolic disorders
- Diagnosis and treatment of kidney diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of renal failure
- Diagnosis and treatment of osteopathy and chondropathy
- Diagnosis and treatment of rheumatic diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of other diseases of the urogenital system
- Spondylopathy diagnosis and treatment
- Diagnosis and treatment of tubulointerstitial kidney disease
- Duplex sonography
- Native ultrasound
- Kidney transplantation
- 1984 - 1986 Medical studies, Georg-August University of Göttingen
- 1986 - 1990 Medical Studies, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
- 1991 - 1992 Internship, I. Medical Clinic University of Mainz
- 02/1991 Graduation
- 07/1991 Medical Approbation
- 1992 - 93 Research training in the Laboratory of Immunology (Prof. B. Fleischer), Department of Pathophysiology, University of Mainz.
- 1993 - 00 Resident in postgraduate training at the Medical Clinic IV, University of Homburg / Saar
- 04/1999 Qualified as doctor for internal medicine
- 05/2000 Senior Physician at the Medical Clinic IV, Homburg
- 02/2001 Habilitation in the field of internal medicine
- 02/2001 Leading Senior Physician of the Department of Internal Medicine IV
- 09/2001 Nils Alwall Prize of the German Association for Clinical Nephrology
- 07/2002 Priority specialization: Nephrology
- 10/2007 Visiting professor of the Medical Faculty of Saarland University
- 09/2008 Appointment to the W3 professorship for internal medicine / nephrology, Martin-Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg
Department of Nephrology, Rheumatology, Endocrinology and Diabetology.
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.