Department of Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery (229535)
Specialized in: cardiosurgery, thoracic surgery
The Department of Cardiac Surgery at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) covers the entire spectrum of cardiac surgery at the highest level. The Department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Hendrik Treede. A special focus is on minimally invasive techniques allowing to offer You not only an optimal functional surgery effect, but also the best possible cosmetic result due to small wounds.
The Department of Cardiac Surgery at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Hendrik Treede has a home monitoring system for patients with an installed pacemaker and defibrillator. This so called telecardiology is a comfortable form of treatment for patients, which allows the physicians of the Department to obtain information on the patients’ health in the meantime between the outpatient monitoring visits.
The specialists of the Department under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Hendrik Treede have a unique experience in the treatment of elederly patients. Many patients enjoy benefits of this experience and a continuous development of surgical treatment techniques every day. State-of-the-art technology used in the operating rooms and inpatient wards of the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) allows to meet all treatment requirements for elderly patients to the full.
The Department of Cardiac Surgery at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Hendrik Treede maintains an active cooperation with the German Heart Foundation.
The range of medical services of the Department of Cardiac Surgery at the University Hospital of Halle (Saale) includes:
- Surgery for aortic aneurysm
- Treatment of cardiac disorders
- Surgery of the congenital heart defect
- Surgery for complications of the coronary disease: cardiac ventricular aneurysm, postinfarction ventricular septal defect, papillary muscle relaxation, ventricular rupture
- Defibrillator implantation
- Surgery on the pericardium
- Heart valve surgery
- Surgery of the coronary vessels
- Postoperative care after heart transplantation
- Surgery related to the chest injuries
- Pacemaker implantation
- Thoracoscopic operations
- Reconstruction of the trachea and bronchi upon congenital malformations
Department of Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery.
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.